Michigan Abolition and Prisoner Solidarity (MAPS) is a group of abolitionists organizing in solidarity with the imprisoned against the violence of incarceration. We’re joining a nationwide fight to end the prison and police systems that pose a constant threat to our communities.
The following are examples of our approach:
- connect prisoners engaged in collective struggle with press contacts to get prisoner-centered narratives in the media
- facilitate the publication of a quarterly political analysis newsletter featuring the writings of Michigan prisoners
- create original media and host educational events to promote an abolitionist narrative within broader society
- coordinate anti-repression work to bring public attention to the abusive violence of the state
- organize public demonstrations in solidarity with prisoner-led movements.